These treats are moist and soft and small, which makes them a great treat for hiding pills/medication in. They're also shelf-stable ingredients, so you can keep a batch at the barn.
3 cups bran
1 cup sweet feed
1 cup quaker oats
1 cup flax seed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon salt
4 large carrots, chopped
1 cup molasses
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup applesauce
Store in a sealed container. Makes about 3 dozen.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and grease mini muffin tins.
- Chop your carrots. You can also shred them or buy pre-shredded carrots.
- Spray your measuring cup with oil before you measure your molasses to help it flow out of the cup instead of sticking.
- Mix your wet ingredients in your stand mixer.
- Mix your dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Spoon your mixture into your mini muffin pans.
- The mixture will not rise so you can fill each muffin bowl to even.
- Bake for 1 hour. Keep a close eye on them as they can burn. Let cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before you turn out onto a cooling rack to completely cool.
Labels: Do It Yourself