The importance of riding in your life

22. The importance of riding in your life

Horses are what I seek out most. If I go on vacation, I try to find a way to ride. If I'm just driving and I see horses out the windows, I get excited. I cry at horse movies.

I taught my childhood dog how to lunge, carriage drive, and jump. I cantered everywhere as a kid and would build jump courses in my yard to jump myself.

As a little kid, I taught myself to read because my parents were tired of reading Black Beauty to me every night (I had an illustrated kid's version, not the real novel). I think I was like 3 or something and basically memorized every word on every page so I could "read" it to myself.

As an adult, I'm known as that girl with horses since most people I hang out with don't also like horses.

Finally, I am very lucky though in that my husband likes horses. How important is riding in my life? Enough so that our wedding was horse themed.






Labels: